Forensic AccountingOffices in Manchester & Liverpool
Williamson & Croft Forensic Accounting
We are pleased to discuss your case (whether you are a business owner or a Solicitor acting for either party to an action or advising a client) on a no-obligation basis so that you can understand how we can help you and how we can work together with all parties to ensure a best-case outcome.
We strongly believe that our extensive experience and knowledge as auditors, tax advisors and business advisors as well as expert forensic accountants leaves us ideally placed with the knowledge and skills required to provide a bespoke service and tailored reporting which suits your circumstances and meets your goals.
Our Forensic Partner – Tor Stringfellow FCA
He has over 15 years of experience in both audit and general practice accounting (business advisory, corporate and personal taxation) which means that has the in-depth knowledge of how businesses are run and operate on a day-to-day basis to allow him to fully understand the opportunities and unique circumstances or each business in all sectors and to factor this into the reports.
Please feel free to contact Tor on 0161 399 0121 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like to discuss how he can help you.
Forensic Accounting Services
Whether acting as a Single Joint Expert appointed by the Court or working with one party to a divorce at an early stage to understand their needs and ensure the best possible outcome for them financially (potentially in association with our financial planning and property valuation partners), we can report on a range of areas as experienced expert accountants in a format which is FPR compliant and easy for Solicitors and Barristers to read and understand the key issues.
- Valuations of businesses and shareholdings;
- Providing an opinion on the liquidity within a business, any surplus assets or the ability to raise finance to fund a settlement;
- Reviewing the earnings of Directors, business owners and shareholders to identify their potential sustainable future income from a business;
- Consideration of the tax implications of sale, restructuring or transfer of business and other personal assets;
- Review of Form E disclosures and supporting documentation to analytically interrogate the financial information to identify any unusual transactions and potential queries and additional details required; and
- Working together with financial planners and property/pension valuers at an early stage in the process to understand what assets would be most valuable to each party and assist in ensuring best-case outcomes for all.
Business and Share Valuations
Our Partners have experience in preparing independent business valuations for a wide variety of purposes in formats which can be tailored to the client’s requirements. Whether you want a “desktop” valuation to give you an idea of the range in which the value of your (or a target) business lies or a more detailed report which can be used to inform negotiations with an investor, 3rd party buyer or management seeking to buy into a business, we can assist.
We seek to obtain an in-depth understanding of the business from all available sources so that we can ensure that our valuation is specific to the unique circumstances of the business, accurate and will stand up to external scrutiny whether from HMRC or another party to a transaction.
We understand that there is no “one-size-fits-all” valuation calculator and so we will consider a range of potential valuation techniques and explain how these apply to your business and your requirements. We can also value specific majority or minority interests in a business taking into account the level of involvement of the stakeholder, level of control and influence on the business strategy and key decision making.
Commercial and Contractual Disputes / Loss of Profit Claims
Sometimes in business, as in life, things don’t quite as smoothly as planned and this can have significant financial implications which can lead to a dispute. To make a claim a business needs to quantify the financial losses suffered due to the issues causing the dispute and that is where we can help.
We will review the documentation and meet with you to understand the issues surrounding the claim and then will identify with you all the potential “heads of loss” where you have suffered direct additional costs or the loss of potential profits whether from being deprived of the use of a key asset or losing onward sales and contracts. We will then provide a detailed report which is supported by the factual evidence to back up your claim.
Alternatively, if your business is subject to a claim or counterclaim then we can review and challenge the underlying assumptions, evidence and basis of calculations to ensure that you obtain the best outcome for your business.
How Else Can We Help Your Business?
Here are some of the other services that we offer:
- Accountancy – A results-driven service that will help your business grow in key areas while also providing strategic advice and developing robust, risk-mitigating systems.
- Tax – Our tax team will wade through complexities and uncertainties of UK tax legislation to ensure you’re paying exactly what you have to and not a penny more.
- Advisory – We have the first-hand experience of starting a business, which puts us in a great position to advise you on how best to manage growth, make your mark on the industry and reduce risk.
- R&D Tax Credits – Claim back research & development money that you’re owed by the government through our R&D tax credit service. You could get back up to 33% of your costs.
- Year-End Tax Planning – We’ll make sure you’re not missing out on any tax relief. We’ll help you plan ahead to ensure any benefits you can receive are maximised.
Proactive and responsive
Get In Touch
Looking for a first-class accountancy service?
Williamson & Croft is a market leading accountancy, advisory and tax firm with particular specialisms in property, construction, retail, digital and creative, technology and professional services.
The UK Government has announced that the £450m Boiler Upgrade Scheme will be used to help it reach its target for all new heating system installations to be low carbon by 2035. However, families have been assured that they will not be forced to remove their existing...
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, the UK Government introduced many schemes to help people and businesses weather the storm caused by the lockdown restrictions. An unpleasant side effect of this government support has been considerably more opportunities for fraudsters to...