About The Role
Located at our Manchester City Centre offices.
The Senior Associate will work as an integral member of the compliance team. The individual will take responsibility for a client portfolio, covering corporates and individuals. In addition they will assist the Senior Manager in training junior team members and ensuring client work is completed to a high standard and in a timely manner to meet client expectations.
The client portfolio is diverse including owner managed businesses with turnovers typically ranging from £50,000 to £10 million, covering accounting, audit and tax compliance engagements. Key responsibilities include:
- Liaising with clients and managing expectations;
- Managing all accounting and tax engagements for their
- Assisting the senior manager where required;
- Training juniors and providing support;
- Assisting the audit partner with audit engagements;
- Developing a strong commercial awareness to spot value add opportunities for our clients and the firm;
- Take responsibility to ensure all admin and other ad hoc tasks are completed as required by internal procedures or manager requests; and
- Progress and develop your own personal skills and knowledge in line with you agreed goals and objectives.
The role will be Monday to Friday completing 40 hours per week, whilst the firm operates flexi time the recommended office hours are 9:00am to 5:30pm. There will be a half an hour lunch break.
The firm offers 28 days holiday plus additional entitlement through the various bonus holiday scheme’s subject to the firms standard policies.
Staff rewards, benefits and remuneration are tailored with progression through the firm.
About The Candidate
- A strong understanding and keen interest in accountancy, tax and audit;
- Proven practice experience covering general compliance services (VAT, CIS, PAYE, CT, SATR) for SME’s;
- Experience in the sign-off/finalisation of accounts and tax returns;
- Strong knowledge of UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements;
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including antimoney laundering;
- Prior team management and mentoring experience;
- Strong commercial awareness to provide value and identify opportunities and risks.
- Confident in dealing with clients at all levels
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience in statutory audits from planning to completion;
- An understanding of audit testing and procedures;
- High level attention to detail;
- Being proactive and self-motivated;
- Being able to work with a team;
- Target driven and motivating team members to achieve;
- Having interpersonal abilities;
- Being able to work well under pressure and achieve deadlines;
- Being friendly and tactful; and
- Being organised.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in compliance roles;
- ACA or ACCA qualified desirable
Williamson & Croft is an entrepreneurial professional services practice providing accountancy, assurance, tax and advisory services to a wide range of clients.
We are a relatively new firm officially launching in 2016, however we have seen high growth year on year driven by new client wins. The firm plans to continue this growth inline with its vision of ‘becoming a challenger firm’ to top tier firms.
The level of service we provide has always been one of our core strategies and has helped drive our success. It is our goal to provide a service that is responsive, proactive, personally tailored and underpinned by solid technical expertise.
People are our biggest asset and this is something we promote and instil in our culture. We encourage our team to embrace
responsibilities and provide a great development platform to assist in achieving their goals and objectives.
More details can be found at; www.williamsoncroft.co.uk/careers/
If you are interested in the role please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com