The Government have implemented a scheme to help small and medium-sized UK businesses buy and adopt digital technologies to improve productivity.
The Help to Grow: Digital website provides all businesses with free and impartial information and support to help them adopt new digital technologies.
- Guidance and tools to help understand which digital technology is best suited to your business
- A software comparison tool
- Checklists to help you see whether you’re ready and how to integrate new software
- Case studies about similar businesses
What are the benefits?
Digital software helps you stay on top of your business finances by making it easier to record, store, and analyse your data. It can also help by automating administrative tasks, saving you time to focus on other areas of your business.
These include providing a better financial understanding of your business and reducing the opportunity for human error when invoicing and submitting tax returns.
It can also help you to streamline decision making and meet new standards of tax compliance and reporting.
There are a number of different types of digital accounting software packages available depending on your needs, which allow you to:
- Record transactions
- Generate reports
- Manage your contacts
- Create purchase orders
- Track stock levels
- Bill customers
What government support is available?
The Government will be offering a 50% discount on approved technology solutions up to a maximum of £5,000.
To be eligible for the discount, your business must meet the following criteria:
- Have between 5 and 249 employees
- Be a UK company registered with Companies House or on the Financial Conduct Authority’s Mutuals Register
- Be actively trading for over a year before applying for the discount
- Be purchasing the software for the first time
More detailed information can be found here.